By Divi Logan. Staff Photographer and Author, Bridges to Rails, Gravitational Lens, and Bridge Gear.
Lattice bracing on diagonal member of Warren Truss. #027
#033: Truss web, roadway deck, lattice bracing and rivets.
#073: Bridge tender’s house with historic plaque seen through truss web lattices.
#101: Truss web, train deck, roadway deck, and lattice bracing.
Road deck and parts of the Warren Truss web through the close-up lattices of a diagonal member. #103
Train deck, road deck, and truss web. #104.
#561: Train deck over the clear span.
Train deck access stairway, lattice bracing, and train deck bracing. #642.
Near the center of the bridge, on the south side of the span. #647.
The train deck access stairway, looking north. #657.
#770: Truss beams supporting the train deck’s approach span are in the background.
- Logan, Divi. The Lake Street Bridge File Collection. Photographs taken June 18, 2019. Media: Leica Digital. Processed with Microsoft Windows Live Photo Gallery and Paint Text. See related articles and images on LinkedIN and WordPress.
- Holth, Nathan. “Lake Street Bridge.” Historic Bridges.org Bridge Browser. Bridge documented: August 12, 2006 and 2010-May 2012. https://historicbridges. org/bridges/browser/?bridgebrowser=truss/lake/. 26 October 2019.
- United States Department of Transportation. Federal Highway Administration. Recording and Coding Guide for the Structure Inventory and Appraisal of the Nation’s Bridges. Washington: Office of Engineering, Bridge Division, Bridge Management Branch, December 1995. Report No. FHWA-PD-96-001.
- “Functional Classifications.” https://www.dot.ny.gov/divisions/ engineering/applications/traffic-data-viewer/tdv-definitions/Functional-Classifications.htm. 26 October 2019.
- U. S. Federal Highway Administration. FAU-1405 (Lake St) over S BR Chicago Riv. Cook County, Illinois. Bridge Reports.com National Bridge Inventory Data. By James Baughn. 2012-2019. https://bridgereports.com/1139881. 26 October 2019.
- U.S. Department of Transportation. Federal Highway Administration. Bridge Inspector’s Reference Manual (BIRM). By Thomas W. Ryan, P.E, J. Eric Mann, P.E., Zachary M. Chill, E.I.T., and Bryan T. Ott. Washington: Government Printing Office. December 2012. (Report No. FHWA NHI 12-050. Performing Organization Report No. 23104 / 106915-HRS/118802). National Technical Information Service in
Springfield, Virginia 22161.
Comp, T. Allan and Jackson, Donald. Bridge Truss Types: A guide to Dating and Identifying, p. 7. Nashville: American Association for State and Local History. 5 February 2010. Web. 28 October 2019. https://www.arkansashighways.com › Historic Bridge Resources.pdf.
Divi Logan. Chicago. Updated January 29, 2020.